External Application Development Manager at Sonic Healthcare.
Primary Care Development Manager at Sonic Healthcare supporting Sonic Clinical Services and its Businesses
I occasionally freelance/contract for a small number of clients as well as provide web
hosting and service management.
I provide technical support and hosting for a range of educational and health based
applications in Tasmania. Some of the services that I provide include hosting
infrastructure tied into University certificate material (Tracktivity).
As a co-founder of Appointuit my roles included designing, coordinating the
implementation of and managing the infrastructure and architecture of the Appointuit
platform. I liaised with end users and vendors to build a platform that increases practice
efficiency and reduces strain on the day to day operations in medical practice
Roles & Responsibilities
• Lead software designer and developer for the Appointuit platform since its
• Developing and managing core platform infrastructure
• Overseeing a small development team to implement new functionality
• Analysing client/end-user requirements and producing business plans to build new
features using the Agile methodology that meets the workflow requirements of the
• Delivering flexible, feature rich integrations with 3rd party software vendor systems
• Aiding and contributing to the company’s future and direction
• Identifying and investigating possible integrations, service improvements and
• Helped to build a system that not only is more feature rich and flexible than
competitors in our market space, but also built faster with a very small development
• Aided with the acquisition into a larger corporate that successfully ASX listed in
General IT support for Windows and Mac users, management of Windows Server based machines and web servers
Contributed to the design and development on a couple of university research projects:
iFiction, an augmented reality tablet based book project; Ghostman, an augmented
reality rehabilitation project.
Developed skills in:
– Android SDK
– Bluetooth communications between desktops and android devices
– Augmented Reality on mobile platforms
– Collaborating with other group members
Desktop and network support for a diverse range of small and corporate clients.
Managed Microsoft based desktops and servers, Linux based servers, MYOB corporate
software, in-house software development and client based web development services.