Recently I had the opportunity to have a go at flashing a Motorola Defy+.
Unfortunately this Defy+ (MB526 had the BL7 (Bootloader) firmware loaded, and conventional methods of a simple root were not possible. This includes RATC, EasyROOT_AAD, and SuperOneClick. sad face
After trying many different methods (and 4 hours later) I discovered the solution posted deep inside the XDA Developers forum for the Defy.
The solution, once found is rather simple and requires the following steps to be made:
- BACKUP EVERYTHING using whatever means possible!
- Download RSD Lite v6.1.5 + MTK Patch which will be used to flash the stock SBFs/ROMs
- Boot into recovery mode by turning the phone off, starting it again with the volume up button held down until a yellow exclamation mark appears, and then press the volume up and down arrow at the same time.
- Wipe both the Data/Factory and the Cache and restart the phone.
- Download DEFYPLUSU34.5.1-134DFP-231CNSIGNUCADEFYEMARAB1B50AA009.0RPDS03CUSAJRDNGIBRIRD15P015A030_Service1FF which will serve as our base stock ROM that will be flashed over the top of and then start to flash this ROM from inside of RSD Lite.
- When done and phone boots, repeat step 3 and 4.
- Download the pre-rooted ROM 4.5.1-134 DFP-231 CN Rooted SBF (Part 1, Part 2 and then process to flash this onto the phone using RSD Lite.
- If all that goes well, you should be presented with a stock rooted ROM!
- You can now install 2ndInit Recovery Installer and flash your custom ROMs 🙂
Many link thanks to the following threads: